2024 Program details under discussion
The World Federation of Paediatric Imaging (WFPI) is an international organisation that provides a platform for pediatric radiology organisations united to address the challenges in global pediatric imaging training and service delivery.
An important part of the mission is Outreach and Training in lower resource settings. In fulfillment of this mission, WFPI offers a three-month (
September 1 - November 30, 2023) sponsored training observership to be spent in the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), a premier medical and research institution in Chandigarh, India under the coordination and mentorship of Prof. Kushaljit Singh Sodhi, MD,PhD,MAMS, FICR, Professor, Department of Radiodiagnosis.
Financial support for the Observer is $3,000 US to cover transport and living expenses; $1,000 US for the Host Institution.
The program aims to enhance the clinical practice and teaching of paediatric radiology at all levels of healthcare more broadly in India, by developing expertise in imaging techniques and familiarity with protocols appropriate to the continent’s burden of childhood disease. The program is designed to complement and expand basic specialist training in diagnostic radiology. The outcome will be detailed knowledge and in-depth experience of paediatric imaging in the context of India’s unique disease burden. The knowledge and skills acquired will empower a radiologist to conduct optimal paediatric imaging in either a general radiology service or a dedicated paediatric service.
During the 3 months of observership the coordinator will orient, tutor and guide the observer in the various aspect of paediatric imaging i.e:
- Performance of the various fluoroscopic paediatric procedures
- Ultrasound of the paediatric patient- renal ultrasound, liver imaging, transplant imaging, doppler, cranial ultrasound.
- Approach to Plain film reporting: approach to a chest x-ray, abdomen x-ray, bone, skeletal surveys for non- accidental imaging.
- MRI- MRI protocols, approach to the paediatric brain, myelination, oncology imaging
- CT- dose, protocols, approach to the paediatric brain, abdomen, head and neck, oncology imaging.
- The observer must be committed to the program for the entire period.
- The observer may report on a case only under guidance of the supervisor (the paediatric radiologist)
- The observer will be required to attend and contribute to the academic meetings.
Deadline for Application:
June 19, 2023.
Online application form available here.